COVID-19 POLICY & GUIDELINES
Until now, Roller World has been closed for public roller skating sessions since March 2020 at the beginning of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Below are the rules and policies we have implemented for the safety of our staff and patrons. Please review carefully, and we appreciate the cooperation of our visitors in working with us to follow these rules in accordance with state and local guidelines.
ROLLER WORLD IS CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTING AN ONLINE TICKETING SYSTEM. THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED WITH MORE INFORMATION LATER.
What safety provisions has Roller World implemented?
- Installation of touchless fixtures & soap dispensers in all public bathrooms.
- Installation of plexiglass dividers between snack bar area, skate rental counter, arcade games, ticket office, and all other points of contact between patrons and staff.
- Minimum of 6 feet of spacing between all arcade games, tables, chairs, and other fixtures.
- Purchase of touchless thermometers to measure temperature of individuals entering the building
- Installation of signage throughout the facility instructing the use of masks and social distancing.
- Roller World has purchased an electro static sanitizer machine, to be used for cleaning before and after public skating sesssions.
What practices is Roller World staff implementing to keep patrons safe?
- All Roller World staff has been trained to maintain proper personal hygiene with frequent hand washing.
- All Roller World staff has been instructed to disinfect surfaces such as tables, chairs, and restroom areas frequently during public skating sessions.
- All rental skates and roller blades will be sanitized before and after each use, before being lent out to the next patron.
- After each skating session, staff will work together to disinfect and deep clean the entire facility prior to the next skating session.
- All staff is required to wear a mask/facial covering at all times, and practice social distancing from other employees when possible.
- All staff has their temperature checked prior to starting their work day.
- All staff has been instructed to notify management if they have left Massachusetts up to 2 weeks prior to returning to work.
- All staff has been instructed to notify management if they feel ill, or exhibit any symptoms related to COVID-19, and will be required to produce a negative test before returning to work.
- All staff has been instructed to take lunch breaks separately from other employees to reduce contact.
What rules are patrons required to follow while at Roller World?
- ALL PATRONS are required to wear a mask/facial covering at all times unless seated in the snack bar area and consuming food. You must wear a mask, even when roller skating on the rink.
- Patrons are required to social distance by at least 6 feet when around others not in their party, including Roller World staff.
- When social distancing is not possible in confined areas such as restrooms, or the Pro Shop, it is required that patrons observe the maximum capacity signs for that area, and wait until entering.
- Patrons are encouraged to wash their hands frequently at any of the available hand washing areas, and especially after using the restroom.
- ALL PATRONS will have their temperature checked upon entering the building using a touchless thermometer.
- ALL PATRONS are urged to stay home and DO NOT VISIT Roller World if they feel ill, or exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Due to capacity limits during peak hours some patrons may be turned away, or asked to wait outside. Please practice social distancing, and DO NOT CROWD THE ENTRANCE.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are operating at 40% capacity in accordance with state & local guidelines. During peak hours, there is the possibility some patrons may be turned away at the door. You may wait outside until spots open up, but you must social distance, and DO NOT crowd the entrance.
Check our schedule & pricing page for hours of operation. These are subject to change with short notice.
We don’t have an answer for your particular business. Roller World was given approval by our officials, and is operating by state & local guidelines to keep staff and patrons safe.
YES! You are required to wear a mask at all times, unless seated and consuming food in our snack bar area.
You may bring your own skates if you choose to. Rental skates are still available, and our staff has been instructed to sanitize each set of rental skates before and after each use.
No. We are operating as first come, first serve. The possibility of patrons being turned away may occur at peak hours due to capacity limits.