COVID-19 POLICY & GUIDELINES
If you received a free pass prior to this new ticket system, Roller World require the purchase of an online ticket for capacity reasons. We will honor your free pass, but you must purchase a ticket in advance. When you show up with a valid ticket, present your pass at the ticket window and we will redeem it for you.
Until now, Roller World has been closed for public roller skating sessions since March 2020 at the beginning of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Below are the rules and policies we have implemented for the safety of our staff and patrons. Please review carefully, and we appreciate the cooperation of our visitors in working with us to follow these rules in accordance with state and local guidelines.
Admission includes roller skate rental. For $3, Roller Blades can be rented at the ticket window when you present your valid admission ticket. There is no changing your ticket to another time slot. There is no refunds.
You can use your own skates or roller blades at roller world if approved by our staff at the door. We reserve the right to deny use of personal skates for reasons such as protruding bolts or hardware that may damage the roller skating rink or cause a safety concerns.
We request that those who have purchased a ticket for a scheduled skating session line up outside no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the beginning of that time slot.
If unable to print your ticket, you can show your ticket to our staff on you mobile phone as long as we are able to validate that your ticket is in our system. Please have your valid ticket visible on your mobile phone screen prior to approaching the ticket window. This will help staff to streamline entry into the building.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT ROLLER WORLD DURING YOUR VISIT
Facial coverings are required as per the mandate from the Town of Saugus, and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This includes individuals who have gotten two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine as per CDC guidelines. Masks must be properly worn, covering both nose and mouth at all times. Unless seated in our snack bar, and consuming food & beverage.
Please maintain a six-foot distance between you and other guests, as well as Roller World staff. Employees stationed throughout the building will remind guests of social distancing, and signage/floor markings will help you maintain a safe distance.
Roller World has been advised to operate at 20 percent capacity per state and local officials. For the increased safety of our guests and staff, Roller World has made the decision to operate at even less capacity than allowed.
We ask that all guests observe signage designating further capacity limits in areas of Roller World that are confined.
⦁ No more than groups of 6 guests are to be seated at our snack bar.
⦁ No more than 2 guests in the bathroom at any time.
⦁ No more than 8 guests in the Pro Shop at any time.
CHANGES, RULES, AND PROVISIONS
What safety provisions has Roller World implemented?
⦁ Installation of touchless fixtures & soap dispensers in all public bathrooms.
⦁ Installation of plexiglass dividers between snack bar area, skate rental counter, arcade games, ticket office, and all other points of contact between patrons and staff.
⦁ Minimum of 6 feet of spacing between all arcade games, tables, chairs, and other fixtures.
⦁ Use of touchless thermometers to measure temperature of individuals entering the building
⦁ Installation of signage and floor markings throughout the facility instructing the use of masks and social distancing.
⦁ Roller World has purchased an electro static sanitizer machine, to be used for cleaning before and after public skating sessions.
What practices is Roller World staff implementing to keep patrons safe?
⦁ All staff has been trained to maintain proper personal hygiene with frequent hand washing.
⦁ All Roller World staff has been instructed to disinfect surfaces such as tables, chairs, and restroom areas frequently during public skating sessions.
⦁ All rental skates and roller blades will be sanitized before and after each use, before being lent out to the next guest.
⦁ After each skating session, staff will work together to disinfect and deep clean the entire facility prior to the next skating session.
⦁ All staff is required to wear a mask/facial covering at all times, and practice social distancing from other employees when possible.
⦁ All staff has their temperature checked prior to starting their work day.
⦁ All staff has been instructed to notify management if they have left Massachusetts up to 2 weeks prior to returning to work.
⦁ All staff has been instructed to notify management if they feel ill, or exhibit any symptoms related to COVID-19, and will be required to produce a negative test before returning to work.
⦁ All staff has been instructed to take lunch breaks separately from other employees to reduce contact.
What rules are guests required to follow while at Roller World?
- ALL GUESTS are required to wear a mask/facial covering at all times unless seated in the snack bar area and consuming food. You must wear a mask, even when roller skating on the rink.
- Patrons are required to social distance by at least 6 feet when around others not in their party, including Roller World staff.
- When social distancing is not possible in confined areas such as restrooms, or the Pro Shop, it is required that guests observe the maximum capacity signs for that area, and wait until entering.
- Guests are encouraged to wash their hands frequently at any of the available hand washing areas, and especially after using the restroom.
- ALL GUESTS will have their temperature checked upon entering the building using a touchless thermometer.
- ALL GUESTS are urged to stay home and DO NOT VISIT Roller World if they feel ill, or exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Due to capacity limits and other rules, please practice social distancing, and DO NOT CROWD THE ENTRANCE AND MAINTAIN PROPER SOCIAL DISTANCING WHILE WAITING IN LINE.
Additional Rules & Information
- Skate at your own risk.
- NO gum chewing.
- NO fast skating, rowdyism, or improper conduct.
- NO Destruction of property.
- ALL GUESTS must practice proper hygiene and dress appropriately.
- Socks MUST be worn when using rental skates. (Socks available for purchase in our ticket office.)
- There will be no entry into the building without admission through online ticket sales. This includes parents picking up their children. We ask that you wait outside, and a Roller World staff member will assist you in locating your child inside the building.
- NO RE-ENTRY into the building. If you leave for any reason, you will be required to purchase admission for another session to enter the building at another time.
- NO WALK-IN admission at this time. All admission will be sold on our website prior to each skating sessions. No Exceptions. No Refunds.
- STAFF HAS THE RIGHT TO DENY ENTRY TO ANY GUEST for failure to comply with our strictly enforced rules and safety guidelines.
- STAFF HAS THE RIGHT TO ASK ANY GUEST TO LEAVE for failure to comply with our strictly enforced rules and safety guidelines. This includes outside the building.
- ROLLER WORLD RESERVES THE RIGHT to alter schedules, rules, and protocols at anytime without notice to ensure the safety of guests and staff. There will be NO REFUNDS for admission for any reason.
Due to timed-ticketing and capacity limits, we are doing everything we can to streamline entry. There might be a brief waiting period outside ahead of your timeslot while a Roller World staff assesses lobby capacity and goes over safety measures. Please dress accordingly for weather conditions.
Roller World only offers admission through purchase of non-refundable online tickets. The schedule reflects the current 3 hour public skating session timeslots. Due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions and other limitations, tickets are in limited supply, and can only be purchased through our website.
If the particular skating session has been sold out, there is no other means to obtain a ticket or reservation.
There is NO WALK-IN Admission at this time.
If you do not have a valid ticket, DO NOT show up to Roller World. You will not be allowed entry and asked to leave. We request that those who have purchased a ticket for a scheduled skating session do not line up outside until at least 15 minutes prior to the beginning of that time slot. Everyone must purchase admission to enter the building.
Please note that all applicable rules and safety guidelines will be strictly enforced both inside our building, in our lobby, and outside our entrance. Roller World staff will ask to see your ticket in line prior entering our lobby. Failure to comply may result in guests being asked to leave, and denied entry. These rules and safety guidelines are strictly enforced, with a zero tolerance policy. Roller World greatly appreciates the cooperation from our guests during this challenging time. Let’s all have fun roller skating, while practicing safe and healthy habits!
In addition to this guide, Roller World will convey these rules through signage in our building, and staff will be reminding guests verbally during your visit to Roller World. By reading this you agree to comply and cooperate with these safety guidelines. Failure to comply may result in denial of entry, or being asked to leave. You agree that you will forfeit your admission to Roller World, and your ticket is non-refundable.